From notes entered by a person at findagrave.com:
“At age 15 he started working in Ontario lumber camps. In the fall of 1897 he arrived in Dauphin Manitoba (the end of the rails). There he took up farming and he drove by ox cart to Grandview and began farming in the Tamerick District.
On Dec 26, 1900 he married Lily Mae Owens of Antrim Ontario. The couple returned west and continued farming until the fall of 1903 when they moved to Togo Sask. While in Togo he and his brothers Gilford and George petitioned to establish a school district. In 1907 he and Lily moved to Kamsack where he bought a livery business. In 1912 he returned to farming and moved west of town. In the spring of 1917 he moved to his farm a half mile east of Kamsack where he built a large two storey cement house which is still occupied. He continued to farm until his death on Oct 10, 1943. He took an active part in all political and local affairs. He served as a trustee on both public and high school boards for several years. He was also director of the Kamsack Agricultural Society and acted as a Judge for several neighboring town’s fairs.”