Arcadia is a Coco 1/2/3 freeware game that was release on Compuserve in the 1980's. What made it unique
was that 1) The games were actually of pretty good quality for pure Extended Basic, and 2) there are actually FIVE different
arcade games in one package... you select which by the menu. Using PMODE 1 or PMODE 3 graphics (depending on the game, and
the amount of speed required for each), the graphics are pretty decent. The 5 games, and their
1) Minefield: The object in this game is cross from the left to the right side of the screen, while dodging falling mines from above, and jumping over the mines coming at you from the right.
2) Fire Pit: The object in this game is cross through multiple screens of obstacles and firepits, jumping or running to get through them all. At the end, you rescue your girlfriend.
3) Pong: This is a clone of a single player version of the grand-daddy of arcade video games: PONG. Use the joystick to control your paddle, and keep the ball in play as long as possible.
4) Space Manuvers: This is a game where one has to try and steer your space ship through small doorways in space, which move as they drift towards you. Progressive screens get harder and harder to navigate through.
5) Trimobile: This actually has 3 sub-games of it's own... The first is the Van screen, which is actually like a simplified version of the arcade hit Moon Patrol. In it, you have to jump over a series of mines (of varying lenghts), by hitting the jump button... and the joystick controls how high (and far) you jump, which is needed to time between chunks of mines. In the 2nd screen, you have to fly a jet while avoiding meteors. In the third screen, you pilot a submarine.
Author: ??? (Flying Flipper Action)
Requires: Color Computer 1,2,3, 32K RAM Extended BASIC, tape or disk, joystick.
NOTE: This is a tokenized BASIC program.
Return to main Coco Game List page